Reply To: Squads

Home Forums General Discussion Squads Reply To: Squads

Coolajxl
  • Topics: 4
  • Replies: 22

Hey there Tom!
I think there’s been a misunderstanding.
From what I understand, anyone in the garrison or another squad can still troop in other squads “territory” as sign ups should be open to the whole garrison just as they are now.
Because those that don’t decide to join a squad, how will they get troops in if they can’t sign up for “squad only” events even if they live in that territory?

Only thing I could see actually being “squad only” is maybe like a holiday party at someone’s house, but that’s not a troop and probably wouldn’t be super heavily enforced of being “squad only” depending on the host. But that’s besides the point.

So your example of the Carolina Hurricanes game and it having a face character, in this case a Vader, should be first come first serve like events now. So a Vader from Greenville or a Vader from Charleston would have just as much a chance to sign up on the forums as anyone else, just depends on who gets to it first. They shouldn’t get turned away just because they live elsewhere in the garrison.

Now the thing you said about “if you have a named character, just talk to each other and share the troop.”

I don’t remember reading that anywhere on the Facebook group about it relating to squads, but from what I’ve been told, that’s something that has always been the case as just a common curtesy, specifically for cons and long events.

If you have a con 9am-6pm, there’s no way that anyone will stay in costume that entire time. That would be absolutely draining.
So ideally if you have two people with the same face/hero character, lets use Vader as an example again. You’d work it out with the person to tag team! Maybe do it in two hour shifts and switch throughout the day. Or one person takes the morning time and the other takes the rest of the afternoon. Maybe the person out of costume uses the time to man the table, handle/take peoples pictures, walk around the con, or eat lunch and recharge.
If there is issues of people not sharing, then in my opinion, that should be brought up with staff to mediate the situation.
I also thought there was a written rule about this in a Legion document but couldn’t find it :wacko:

We’ve also kind of had an informal “squad” here in Greenville area and now there’s been a push to make it more official and organized.
Specifically more so with the organization so that we can have clear communication and preparation to show up to these events in full force!
We’ve seen what other garrisons and squads have been doing with their setups and events and want to be the best we can be!

If anything I’ve said has been incorrect though, and someone has a more accurate understanding or information, please correct me!
This is just how I understand it.
I think squads has a potential to be a dividing thing if done incorrectly, but I’m hopefully optimistic that they will be a unifying thing!

"Believe in yourself or no one else will" -Star Wars the Clone Wars: Season 2 Episode 5: Landing at Point Rain